10 Reasons why plastic sucks.
- It is 100% non-biodegradable.
- Once created, plastic will never go away.
- It leaches toxins into food, water and air.
- It is collecting in our oceans and on our shores.
- It breaks down into tiny bits that get eaten by fish. If you eat fish you may be eating tiny bits of plastic.
- Not all plastic is recyclable and not all recyclable plastic is recycled.
- Chemicals used in plastic disrupt hormones.
- Chemicals used in plastic cause cancer.
- It interferes with physical development in babies and children.
- It is everywhere.
Its crazy that we spend thousands of dollars to eradicate dandelions from our parks, yet simply accept that plastic is a necessary evil.