Not just for pita chips, Hummus is the ideal dip for vegetable sticks such as carrot sticks, celery, broccoli, rutabaga, cucumber, etc.
- 1½ cup cooked chickpeas
- Juice from half a lemon (more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 – 2 cloves peeled garlic ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder (more or less to taste)
- ¼ to ½ cup water (or liquid from chickpeas if using canned ones)
- Put smallest amount of all ingredients into blender
- Turn blender on low and slowly increase speed, using plunger to keep food in blades
- Add more water if required to keep the hummus in a dip like consistency
- Turn blender to high for 30 seconds, then turn off
- Taste and add more garlic, lemon juice, and cayenne to suit taste
- Blend again until smooth and creamy
Can be stored in fridge for several days.