OGJ: Orange Green Juice
Orange Juice with a Fresh Green Twist
Do know where orange juice comes from?
Ok that’s a bit of a smart-ass question … but to make a point I thought I would ask.
Of course orange juice comes from oranges. But most of the orange juice for sale in supermarkets has been pasteurized and hot packed in plastic bottles. So you are buying an inferior product in non-degradable packaging. Sure it’s inexpensive and convenient, but at what cost to our health and our environment?
Why not make your own orange juice with your blender.
And while your at it, throw in some fresh greens and you’ve got a high fiber super drink at a fraction of the cost of purchasing powdered green super food, which by the way, is also a processed food housed in a pesky plastic tub.
OGJ is best enjoyed fresh and it will keep in fridge for up to 12 hours.
- 1 orange peeled
- 1-2 handfuls of any leafy greens such as spinach and kale
- ¼ lime peeled
- ¼ - ½ inch fresh ginger (optional)
- 2 cups water Ice (optional)
- Wash all ingredients under running water
- Place all ingredients in blender (put leafy greens in last)
- Add 2 cups filtered water
- Blend until all ingredients are well pulverized (30-45 seconds in a VitaMix) and the OGJ is a frothy bright green
- Serve over ice