Sweet Potato Bakes
Here’s a sweet treat no-crap recipe that you will enjoy hot from the oven or as cold left overs. You can make them for after school, late night nibbles, or as a take along snack for tomorrow. Don’t even think about peeling the fiber rich skin off.
- One fist size organic sweet potato per person
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt or powdered Kelp Optional
- Dry Herbs (such as Basil, Rosemary, Oregano, etc)
- Heat oven to 400F
- Wash well and cut into approximate 1/2 inch thick sticks. (Don’t cut too thin or they will burn.)
- Put into a large bowl and lightly toss with olive oil.
- If using dry herbs, use a half tablespoon of dry herb for each sweet potato. Rub the dry herb between the palms of your hands to energize. Let the energized herbs fall into the bowl.
- Use your hands to mix everything together.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Lightly sprinkle with a little sea salt or powdered kelp.
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes, turning once about half way through the cooking time.
- The Bakes are done when you can pierce them with a fork.
Enjoy hot from the oven or as a cold snack. Will keep in the fridge for several days.