Made from staple ingredients, this shake is quick, satisfying, easy to make. Raspberry Shake can be enjoy right away or frozen in popsicle moulds for a nourishing cool off on a hot afternoon.
Hint: Keep a variety of soaked, drained nuts in the freezer so you always have some on hand.
- ½ cup raw nuts (macadamias, cashews, almonds or your favourite)
- 1 or 2 dates, pit removed
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen raspberries or if you want to use fresh raspberries, add ½ cup of ice cubes
- Splash of Vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼ inch fresh ginger root (optional)
- Place nuts, dates, water, and fresh ginger root (if using) in blender and blend until smooth
- Add raspberries and blend again until smooth and frothy