- used for centuries to address physical, emotional and spiritual imbalances
- we have an Endocannabinoid system in our bodies that is as vital to our health and well-being as other biological systems such as the digestive system, nervous system, etc
- our Endocannabionoid system is heavily involved in maintaining homeostasis and proper immune function
- our body creates cannabinoids that influence the endocannabinoid system
- the cannabis plant also creates cannabinoids, referred to as phytocannabinoids
- when taken into the body phytocannabinoids also influence the proper functioning of our endocannabinoid system
- of the two main phytocannabinoids found in cannabis, THC and CBD, only THC has psychoactive properties
- non-psychoactive CBD strains have many therapeutic actions in the body and are well known to help manage anxiety, inflammation, and seizures
- THC also has many therapeutic actions in the body, and is well known for its sedation and pain relieving properties
Cannabis Medicine for Herbalists (Certificate) Workshop
This ground breaking workshop provides sound, practical general knowledge on the safe and effective use of Cannabis Medicine to treat a wide variety of health issues. Upon completion of the workshop, participants will be able to discern cannabis facts from fiction, and speak knowledgeably about the how to safely use cannabis to manage various health symptoms.
The student will learn:
- How our Endocannabionoid system is vital to homeostasis and immunity
- What parts of the cannabis plant are most medicinal
- Why you don’t need to get stoned in order to benefit from cannabis
- How the smell of cannabis affects its therapeutic action
- What medical conditions may benefit from cannabis therapy and where more research is needed
- Who must avoid cannabis
- What intake methods are most effective
- How to determine the best therapeutic dosage
- Why a small dose is sometimes more effective than a large dose
- How to manage side effects and even use them to your advantage
- Why strain selection matters
- How to navigate current Canadian laws
- And more!
This workshop will interest:
- Naturopathic Doctors
- TCM Doctors
- Anyone contemplating the use of or giving advice on the use of Cannabis
- 6 -7 hour full-day workshop
- 1 hour lunch break
- q & a throughout to ensure information is being understood
- 10 page downloadable handout emailed to students one week prior to class
- Online quiz required for certificate
- A certificate of completion from Lodgepole School of Wholistic Studies will be issued upon successful completion of the online quiz
- Cannabis Medicine for Herbalists is for educational purposes only
- Information on manufacturing, medicine making and growing are not covered in the workshop
Intro to Cannabis Medicine
More than 70 years of prohibition has not stopped people from utilizing Cannabis as a powerful and effective medicine. As the legal medicinal cannabis industry gears up in Canada, people of all ages are turning to this ancient medicine in the hopes that they can use cannabis to manage their symptoms and disease processes without the debilitating side-effects of some pharmaceutical drugs.
This talk will focus on a broad overview of the therapeutic benefits of cannabis, including its strengths and limitations. We will start with an introduction to the humble cannabis plant and learn a little about its once ubiquitous place in day-to-day life. We will review medical conditions that can be helped by cannabis, and be introduced to various intake methods, dosing and strain selection.
During this talk you will:
- Learn a little about the cannabis plant and its’ historical contribution to society
- Review the broad categories of health issues that may benefit from cannabis medicine
- Briefly look at intake methods, dosing and strain selection
- Be introduced to current Canadian laws for medical cannabis
- Time will be set-aside at the end of the talk for q & a
This talk will interest:
- health care practitioners
- current medical cannabis users
- anyone seeking a better understanding of how cannabis works as medicine
- 2 hour evening workshop
- ~1.5 hour talk and slide presentation
- ~30 minutes q & a
- downloadable handout
Note: Intro to Cannabis Medicine is for educational purposes only.
Consultations on how to us Medical Cannabis customized to your particular situation.
medical cannabis legal in Canada
Cannabis is legally available in Canada via a medical doctor prescription. Medical cannabis must be purchased from a Canadian Licensed Producer.